When is the last time you had a good look at your website and its purpose? Like humans, your website should be a work in progress, not a set and forget tool. It should reflect you and your brand, and these two important components of a business will most certainly evolve over time.
Is your website working as hard as you are?
If your existing website is doing its job then that is great, but it could be doing more than it currently does. Reviewing your website at least once a year is good practice, however, this will not always be the case due to time restraints – let’s face it – and this could lead to your website becoming outdated and potentially turning away future clients.
Making a few simple updates can be an easy and cost-effective solution to drive traffic to your website and it can be a straightforward ‘refresh’, it doesn’t need to be a complete overhaul and ‘redesign’.
First impressions are everything
Above all else, your website needs to make a good impression. You have 2 seconds to do that. 38% of website visitors will leave if your imagery is outdated, so choose your images wisely.¹
It should also showcase your business’s services and what you offer. Clearly define these and keep the content concise. There is no need to write an essay to provide this type of information.
Tips to spruce up your website:
- Include contemporary imagery that reflects your business and brand
- Ensure it’s easy to navigate and mobile responsive
- Add content (blog posts/articles) regularly to keep your client engaged
- Keep your team profiles up to date
- Ensure your services are still current and add any new services
- Your call to action is visible
- Add an appointment tool (eg Calendly), so clients can easily schedule time to meet with you
- Create a lead magnet to gather customer information and use as a sales tool
- Include your social pages
Take it one step at a time
In summary, plan ahead and review your website regularly. Remember, this can be a work in progress. You don’t need to do everything at once. If you take it one step at a time, it will become easier in the long run, and you’ll keep your users engaged and coming back for more.
To quote Paul Cookson – “Websites promote your organisation 24/7: No employee will do that”
If your website is due for a refresh, call us on (03) 9614 0655 to discover ways we can help.